Questions? Contact DPS
The Izumicon Weapons Policy is a summary of items that are not allowed at the convention.
- No Metal bladed weapons of any kind (swords, knives, axes, etc.)
Projectile firing weapons:
- You may possess projectile firing weapons if they have been permanently and substantially disabled.
- Bows, crossbows, etc, must be destrung
- Airsoft, BB, Nerf, blow, and Paintball guns, etc
- You may not carry any ammunition
- No magazine installed in device
- Barrel must be plugged
- Trigger group must be removed if possible
- If a container in any device is energized, pressurized, charged or compressed, it will be treated as a firearm.
Items designed for offensive or defensive purposes:
- Any item that is designed, marketed, intended, possessed, or sold for offensive or defensive purposes will not be allowed. (Expandable batons, mace, pepper spray, bear spray, flail/mace, brass knuckles, etc.)
- You may not possess any firearms or device capable of delivering a projectile with a chemical reaction, explosive, or pressurized container. (Pistol, revolver, derringer, pepperbox, shotgun, rifle, cap and ball, zip gun, etc.)
Dangerous and destructive devices:
- Any “dud” or “demilled” items must be obvious: no primer, no charging system, substantial inspection port, etc.
- Destructive devices are not allowed at Izumicon events (explosives, ordnance, grenades, ammunition, cannons, flamethrowers, flashbangs, smoke grenades, mortars, bazookas, primers, detonation cord, firing caps, etc.)
Props and replicas:
- Must be less than 7 feet in length (2 meters)
- Must be less than 15 pounds (7 kilograms)
- Any item, weapon, costume, or prop that is used in an offensive or threatening manner will be banned from the con.
- Public safety personnel (Convention, Hotel, Convention Center, and OKC Police) will be present at all times during the convention. At all venues, you will be under observation, even if you don’t have a weapon or are wearing a costume.
- A Peace Bonded weapon is an item that has been inspected by Izumicon DPS and has been secured so that said item can be recognized as a non-lethal weapon by means of identification.
- All prop weapons, realistic or not, must be peace bonded by Izumicon DPS.
- Peace bonding is available at the DPS checkpoint at Registration.
- Removal of a peace bond or addition of one by anyone other than Izumicon DPS will not be tolerated.
- In order to protect their own safety and that of others, Izumicon attendees understand, agree, and consent that designated Izumicon representatives or public safety personnel throughout the convention have an absolute right to inspect costumes, weapons, and any other items, and that attendee will submit to such an inspection. Any attendee must submit their costumes, weapons, and other items to an immediate inspection upon request or must leave the convention. In the event a person declines to submit to an inspection and refuses to leave, they shall be immediately expelled from the convention and escorted off the premises.
- This policy shall apply at all official Izumicon events, including, but not limited to: Izumicon, Izumicon Staff and/or Directors meetings, and work days, and shall apply on the property of the Renaissance OKC Hotel & Cox Convention Center, and all surrounding parking lots, parking decks, walkways, roads, parks, recreation areas and/or any other area reserved for use by Izumicon.
- Only Izumicon may determine whether any particular item covered by this policy is permitted or not permitted at Izumicon and such determination is solely, exclusively, and absolutely at the discretion of Izumicon. Persons who do not cooperate with the determinations of Izumicon concerning the application of this policy to any particular item may be immediately expelled from the convention. If it is later discovered that a person brought a working weapon to any current or prior year Izumicon, that person may be banned from attending future conventions.
- Persons who carry or otherwise bring prop weapons, replicas, or similar items do so at their own, sole, and absolute risk, and assume all risks of liability, harm, damage, or loss to any person or property injured or otherwise harmed, intentionally or accidentally, directly or indirectly by such items or the person carrying them.
- Izumicon, LLC is and shall not be liable for any injury, harm, damage, or other risk or liability associated with any person’s use of any weapon, replica, or prop, whether permitted or banned here after at Izumicon.
- In no event shall Izumicon, Izumicon, LLC and/or its affiliates and subsidiaries, or the Renaissance OKC Hotel, and the Cox Convention Center have any liability for any incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages hereunder, even if informed of the possibility of same.